TK Tek, LLC
300 B St.
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some jobs links don't work

Some jobs links don't work 1 year 3 months ago #2994

I have more info, but since the original topic isn't posted yet...

When I first go to Search Jobs (www.cndltd.com/index.php/recruitment/vacancy-search) Jobs are listed that include an empty Posting Date, or a Closing Date that is past. When you select one of these jobs, it responds with No Posting Found!

So the issue is the initial search page is showing postings that should not be shown?

-Michele
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some jobs links don't work 1 year 3 months ago #2995

• Bob
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi Michele,

To replicate, I need a posting where the Posting Date is blank and the Closing Date is in the past? Correct. I couldn't replicate with those parameters - but on that note, if you provide a posting date, do they still appear?

Do you know if you're using the closing date override feature for any of those?

Sincerely,
Bob.
If you have the time and like JobGrok, please take the time to post a review on the Joomla! Extension Directory. JobGrok's survival depends on reviews! Thanks.

Some jobs links don't work 1 year 2 months ago #3011

If you look for "Security Analyst" in the Latest Jobs page (after selecting All, because paging doesn't work ;) ) You'll see one with SouthWest UK as the location, Posting id 316. (You see that in the URL.

When I look at that Posting in the back end, it has a Posting Date, Closing Date, and closes in 0 days. See the attached clip of the Posting.

The 2 jobs just above it, 315 and 313, have the same info as 316 does.

Security System Officer, job 282, has different dates, but has a Posting Date, Closing Date that is past, and closes in 0 days.

As far as the override feature, I can only assume that you mean it says Use Global, which it does.

-Michele
Attachments:

Some jobs links don't work 1 year 2 months ago #3013

• Bob
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 128
Hi Michele,

If you navigate to your JobGrok Option page, click on the tab "Miscellaneous Settings", there's an option called "Override Closing Date". This is currently set to "Yes". What this will do, is display all jobs, even if the closing date is past. I should have explained that better, but that's what I meant when I was talking about the override.

And, because the posting is in fact closed, clicking on it will not display the entire posting - logical or probably illogical - that's apparently the way it's working.

The next release doesn't behave this way. The posting is still displayed, however, applying for the job is not an option.

Let me know I've explained this poorly or not.

Sincerely,
Bob.
If you have the time and like JobGrok, please take the time to post a review on the Joomla! Extension Directory. JobGrok's survival depends on reviews! Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michele Jordan
  • Page:
Moderators: Bob
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds